Explore the playful side of science with Michael Rosen and Explorify!
Michael Rosen thinks we need more play in our lives, and we couldn’t agree more! We have three new activities inspired by Michael’s Book of Play to help you become more playful in your classroom. What’s more, we have an opportunity for you to win a signed copy of his book!
In his brand-new Book of Play, Michael Rosen is inspiring adults everywhere to rediscover the joy of play! Play isn’t just important for adults though – it allows children to develop new skills, increase their confidence and resilience and become inquisitive young learners.
‘Play matters. Play isn’t just giving children something to do to keep them busy; play is about learning. Play develops creativity, communication and resilience.’ Michael Rosen
Science gives the perfect opportunity to get creative, get talking, and get curious! See how Explorify can encourage you and your pupils to become more playful with how you explore the world from your classroom.
We’ve taken inspiration from the Book of Play to create some new Explorify activities for you to try with your class:
Enter our Twitter competition for a chance to win one of five signed copies of Michael Rosen’s Book of Play. Here’s how.
- Do one or more of the three activities above with your class.
- Tweet (www.twitter.com) about what your class got up to, showing the excitement of learning science in primary school! You can use photos and videos if you have permission for any that feature your class, or you can use plain text.
- Also, include these in your tweet to enter:
- a link to the activity that you have done.
- Don’t forget to follow @ExplorifySchool, so we can contact you to tell if you win!
- Tweet your entry by 4 pm on Monday 25th November 2019. Winners will be announced on Friday 29th November.
- You can enter as many times as you like! So put some play into your planning in the next few weeks. We look forward to seeing how you get on.
You can read our full terms and conditions here.
Want to know more about how play transforms both childhood and society? Read Michael Rosen's Book of Play: Why play really matters, and 101 ways to get more of it in your life. Or, if you're in London, why not come and visit the Wellcome Collection and experience the new exhibition: Play Well, which opens on 24th October 2019.
Sign up to Explorify for lots more curiosity-inspiring activities! It’s free!